Author Topic: Renaming with enter/tab  (Read 2854 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Renaming with enter/tab
« on: May 22, 2009, 01:15:08 AM »
Renaming by pressing enter works, but pressing tab doesnt move the focus to the next image so after renaming some files and presssing enter to confirm the last rename, focus has to be moved from the first image I started to renam in a row.
Also on my ASUS netbook if the image being edited next is in the next row outside the visible part PM doesnt jump to the image but seems to be hanging (or at least I don't see if it does edit the filename - and to what - or not).

I would expect the image selection (if there is only one that can be moved by the cursor keys) to follow the filename editing and allways select the currently edited file. Also if at the end of a row on the contactsheet pressing tab should jump to the next image (first one of the next row) just like if the cursor would move to the left and enter on the left in the next row. And start editing the filename only after that.

I hope this is clear and can be reproduced. It is on Win XP PM beta 7. I also had yesterday a lot of hangups but I think it is due to Windows and not primarily to PM.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Renaming with enter/tab
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:59:38 AM »
Renaming by pressing enter works, but pressing tab doesnt move the focus to the next image so after renaming some files and presssing enter to confirm the last rename, focus has to be moved from the first image I started to renam in a row.
Also on my ASUS netbook if the image being edited next is in the next row outside the visible part PM doesnt jump to the image but seems to be hanging (or at least I don't see if it does edit the filename - and to what - or not).

I would expect the image selection (if there is only one that can be moved by the cursor keys) to follow the filename editing and allways select the currently edited file. Also if at the end of a row on the contactsheet pressing tab should jump to the next image (first one of the next row) just like if the cursor would move to the left and enter on the left in the next row. And start editing the filename only after that.

I hope this is clear and can be reproduced. It is on Win XP PM beta 7. I also had yesterday a lot of hangups but I think it is due to Windows and not primarily to PM.

Tab should accept the rename and move to the next field.  I am able to reproduce the problem where editing on the last photo visible in the contact sheet doesn't cause the thumbnails to scroll up enough to see the next photo being renamed.  I will fix that ASAP.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »
Thank you Kirk.

And the part the file selection should follow the file being renamed?
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:29:30 AM »
Thank you Kirk.

No, I did not change that behavior.  The scrolling should be fixed however.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 11:28:17 AM »
Thank you Kirk.

No, I did not change that behavior.  The scrolling should be fixed however.

-Kirk

Ok, thanks. I don't understand this workflow wise but accept that it is intentional.
Allways shooting RAW.