Author Topic: Suggest a production release for PM  (Read 2313 times)

Offline ralphdaily

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Suggest a production release for PM
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »
The only reason the beta expiration is a bit of a deal is it's been three months since a production release for PM and due to the large number of excellent fixes in the beta that are not in production people are using the beta for production work.

I expect most of the fixes in the beta are stable and if you could make a point release in the production PM version, it might be easier on everyone and keep the beta for the newer things.

Ralph

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Suggest a production release for PM
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 02:26:13 PM »
Good thought especially the latest betas are more stable than the last production version. And they differ so much from the last production version out currently, making a great step back if one wants to stay on the production one or wants to do a safety stepping back (for example before a long trip where you won't have possibility to upgrade betas upon release).

I second the idea but everything is up to Kirk and he surely has his issues.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
Good thought especially the latest betas are more stable than the last production version. And they differ so much from the last production version out currently, making a great step back if one wants to stay on the production one or wants to do a safety stepping back (for example before a long trip where you won't have possibility to upgrade betas upon release).

It is not entirely up to me.  The entire team needs to be satisfied with the release.  We also want a final release version as soon as possible.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »

It is not entirely up to me.  The entire team needs to be satisfied with the release.  We also want a final release version as soon as possible.

-Kirk

Sorry I meant Camerabits of course. Keep up the great work! I like the work you do (for us all).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com