Photo Mechanic > Support

“smart quotes” vs. "Straight quotes"

(1/2) > >>

mcardon:
Is there any way I can program my photo mechanic to use smart quotes rather than straight quotes?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: mcardon on July 25, 2006, 02:11:02 PM ---Is there any way I can program my photo mechanic to use smart quotes rather than straight quotes?

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by "program"?

If you can type them from the keyboard, PM will likely accept them.

-Kirk

mcardon:
I know you have a template and shortcut keys for MLB rosters. I wanted to program something similar for smart quotes.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: mcardon on July 25, 2006, 06:09:34 PM ---I know you have a template and shortcut keys for MLB rosters. I wanted to program something similar for smart quotes.

--- End quote ---

That feature is called Code Replacement.  While you could use Code Replacement for that purpose, it would be counter-productive since you would have to enter three characters just to output a quote character.  I'm not understanding why you can't just type the quotes from the keyboard, or is it that you want PM to look at your straight-quote and turn it into the curved-quotes for you automatically based on context?

-Kirk

mcardon:
I'm not able to type in smart quotes from my keyboard. At this point, I have to cut and paste them from a word document. I'll take a look at code replacement to see if that would save time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version