Author Topic: Standard rename  (Read 3654 times)

Offline pmagi

• View Profile
Standard rename
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:27:41 AM »
Very often I miss the good old "F2 rename". It works for foledrs, but not files in PM. Is there such a standard rename feature in PM? I can use the rename... dialog but its really not what I am looking for since I want to EDIT the existing name... I have to do that outside PM now, about the only reason to leave PM (and FTP the PM generated websites, when do we get HTML FTP!?)

(I often find myself absent minded hitting the F2 key in PM, trying to rename.....in PM that means "view selected only", but really this is such a super-standard key in all applications that I think you should consider using F2 for single file rename instead...)

Rgds
PM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Standard rename
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:10:02 AM »
Very often I miss the good old "F2 rename". It works for foledrs, but not files in PM. Is there such a standard rename feature in PM? I can use the rename... dialog but its really not what I am looking for since I want to EDIT the existing name... I have to do that outside PM now, about the only reason to leave PM (and FTP the PM generated websites, when do we get HTML FTP!?)

(I often find myself absent minded hitting the F2 key in PM, trying to rename.....in PM that means "view selected only", but really this is such a super-standard key in all applications that I think you should consider using F2 for single file rename instead...)

Just double-click on the filename in the Contact Sheet view and you can rename directly on the thumbnail.  Typing 'Enter' or 'Return' will accept the rename.  Typing 'Tab' will accept the rename and start renaming the next thumbnail.  Typing 'Shift-Tab' will accept the rename and start renaming the previous thumbnail.

-Kirk

Offline pmagi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 02:11:44 AM »
Perfect, thanks Kirk!
PM

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:40:19 AM »
Also if you have only one image selected and press Return/Enter it has the same effect as doubble clicking on the filename in the contact sheet.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com