Author Topic: Is there a way to open up all DCIM subfolders with PM  (Read 8229 times)

Offline C Doc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Is there a way to open up all DCIM subfolders with PM
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:50:19 AM »
Hello All,

I'm currently evaluating both PM and Iview media as my photo management software for my enterprise.  In i view media if you drop the whloe DCIM folder in it , it will open all of the sub folders within that DCIM folder.

My question is can PM do the same thing and if so where do you configure it to make this work.  If not, will this be a feature in a future relase?  For my situation everything is very time sensitive and to have to go and open each of the sub folders or transfer all images to a single folder is a very costly step time wise?

If this is a feature or will be a feature, I believe I will go with PM, I like the captioning and viewer better than that of iView..

Cheers,

Doc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Is there a way to open up all DCIM subfolders with PM
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 10:17:17 AM »
I'm currently evaluating both PM and Iview media as my photo management software for my enterprise.  In i view media if you drop the whloe DCIM folder in it , it will open all of the sub folders within that DCIM folder.

My question is can PM do the same thing and if so where do you configure it to make this work.  If not, will this be a feature in a future relase?  For my situation everything is very time sensitive and to have to go and open each of the sub folders or transfer all images to a single folder is a very costly step time wise?

If this is a feature or will be a feature, I believe I will go with PM, I like the captioning and viewer better than that of iView..

Such a feature is planned for the 4.5 release.  But if you instead just use the Ingest function, you can download the entire card, flattening the DCIM folder structure entirely as the images are downloaded to your hard drive.  Then you will end up with a single folder that has all of your images sitting side-by-side.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline C Doc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to open up all DCIM subfolders with PM
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
Thank You Kirk

2 followup questions
Please forgive me but I only have a limited experience with using PM

In my situation I usually used several cameras to cover the same event and will have several cards worth of images of the same event, can/how do you ingest multiple cards and what if you have archives of images, is there an easy way to ingest stuff thats already been downloaded to a folder or is that the feature you speak of in the next rev?

What it the time table for the next rev that will have this feature?

Thank You for you quick reply, I really appreciate it, and it looks like more and more that PM will be my choice...