Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.2 (Everyone please read)  (Read 12007 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.2 (Everyone please read)
« on: July 25, 2006, 02:21:50 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.2 is almost ready for release.  It fixes issues that have been reported on these forums and via email to support@camerabits.com and is basically ready to go.

But we are holding its release until we can fix an issue that numerous people are reporting about Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.1 (the current available version) crashing on quit on Windows XP.

I announced on another thread that we needed help to track this one down since we have never experienced this problem on any of our systems.  I received only a few responses, and all were from people in Europe.  They have been very helpful but the time difference makes quick turnaround difficult.

I need some people in North America who are experiencing these crashes on exit with version 4.4.3 or 4.4.3.1 to step forward and help us find the source of the problem.  We will reward you for your time by giving you a year's worth of free updates if you see this through to completion.

Please contact me by clicking on my name to the left of this message and send me your contact information.  Don't be shy.  Please help us get 4.4.3.2 out the door!

Thanks,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:34:47 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.2 (Everyone please read)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 09:35:43 AM »
We have found the problem, and believe it or not, it was not our fault.  It was the Lexar Active Memory library that we were using to provide the Active Memory features in Photo Mechanic's Ingest.

I have now removed all traces of the Active Memory feature from Photo Mechanic and we will be releasing Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.2 very soon.

I want to thank Emile in Paris and Martye in Northern California for their exhaustive help and detailed feedback.

Emile will receive an updates extension for another year.  Emile was a great help.
Martye will receive a free copy of Photo Mechanic.  Martye was just demoing Photo Mechanic and helped a great deal.

I'll make an announcement when 4.4.3.2 is released in the Announcements section.  If you don't want to have to keep checking, then just subscribe for notifications on that forum and you'll get an email each time I make an announcement (don't worry it doesn't happen very often so your email inbox won't get flooded with junk, I promise.)

Thanks everyone!

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic 4.4.3.2 (Everyone please read)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 08:23:53 AM »
Version 4.4.3.2 has been released.  See the Announcements section.

-Kirk