Author Topic: if you want a catalog feature - speak up here!  (Read 175832 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: if you want a catalog feature - speak up here!
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2011, 10:00:59 PM »
We're working very hard on it right now.  It is our top priority.  We're giving demonstrations of some of the features to one of our larger customers tomorrow.  Still more work to be done though.

And before anyone asks, I don't have a release date for you.

Any news on this? A date or at least a timeframe?

Hope your customer liked what they saw and it's getting closer to an official release.

They're ecstatic and are going to use it for one of their big events.

I don't have a release date for you at this time.

-Kirk

Is there a chance the big event of the unnamed customer will set the release date? Or there is no connection at all?

No connection at all.  There is more work to do.

-Kirk

Offline pmcclurk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
I'd like to be able to have several separate and independent catalogs.  There would be overlaps of course (sort of like Venn diagrams) with some pictures in multiple catalogs.

sidewinder

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
We're working very hard on it right now.  It is our top priority.  We're giving demonstrations of some of the features to one of our larger customers tomorrow.  Still more work to be done though.

And before anyone asks, I don't have a release date for you.

Any news on this? A date or at least a timeframe?

Hope your customer liked what they saw and it's getting closer to an official release.

They're ecstatic and are going to use it for one of their big events.

I don't have a release date for you at this time.

-Kirk

Is there a chance the big event of the unnamed customer will set the release date? Or there is no connection at all?

No connection at all.  There is more work to do.

-Kirk

Any updates? We are in a new quarter and still haven't heard anything....

S-

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »
We're still working on it.  There is still much work to be done.  Parts of it are very functional.  Others need work before it would be suitable for usage by all types of users.

-Kirk

Offline PhotoServices

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
I guess I am still waiting for PM to deliver the first version of the catalog.  I would just like to know what year we might see a release.  Could it happen in 2011 or 2012?  I use PM daily and find it to fast and efficient.  If the catalog is equal in quality to PM I'll be very excited.

Alan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
Alan,

I guess I am still waiting for PM to deliver the first version of the catalog.  I would just like to know what year we might see a release.  Could it happen in 2011 or 2012?  I use PM daily and find it to fast and efficient.  If the catalog is equal in quality to PM I'll be very excited.

We would like to release it in 2011 and we are working very hard to make the product the best it can be.

-Kirk

Offline Yvan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »
We would like to release it in 2011 and we are working very hard to make the product the best it can be.

-Kirk

Still hoping for 2011 ? At least for a single user without network teamwork capabilities. I badly need it and don't want to add another piece of software in my workflow...

Thanks to keep us informed,

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »

-Kirk

Still hoping for 2011 ? At least for a single user without network teamwork capabilities. I badly need it and don't want to add another piece of software in my workflow...

In a different thread Kirk mentioned the october date of the Photo Plus Expo in New York...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »

-Kirk

In a different thread Kirk mentioned the october date of the Photo Plus Expo in New York...

Just to make sure this is clear: we definitely won't be releasing anything in October.  We will be announcing a release date and showing the product to attendees of the show.

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »
And hopefully you'll also be demonstrating an easy import facility for importing catalog data from other well-known catalog formats... :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2011, 02:22:49 PM »
And hopefully you'll also be demonstrating an easy import facility for importing catalog data from other well-known catalog formats... :)

No, we won't.  We aren't going to reverse engineer anyone's database formats.  Hopefully your images have the metadata in standard formats (IPTC/XMP) in them instead of the metadata existing only in the database.

Just because a catalog application is well-known doesn't mean that their database format specification is publicly available.

All it should take is pointing PM's Scanner at your files and letting it do its job finding your images and videos and cataloging them.

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »
What about an import facility for those well-known catalog apps that export catalog data to XML?  No reverse engineering required (or not much anyway).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
What about an import facility for those well-known catalog apps that export catalog data to XML?  No reverse engineering required (or not much anyway).

We'd consider that.

-Kirk