Author Topic: Rotate a Crop  (Read 25723 times)

Offline Junction10

• View Profile
    • Junction10 Photography
Re: Rotate a Crop
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 03:33:36 AM »
Eric, with all due respect - to not buy this software simply because it has no rotate crop function is a bit daft.. 
This product is still an essential tool for me, in my workflow at least..  I always aim to get my horizons level in camera, but if I need to, I'll fire up Lightroom to make adjustments to exposure/levels etc - and crop rotation..  but I ALWAYS do my selects, MetaData and import/export/distribution etc in PhotoMechanic...

You'll still more than likely benefit from PhotoMechanic - even without the rotate feature!

Now - Levels adjustment...  THAT'S a feature I'd like to see...  :)

iMac 27" 5K Retina 2017 -  4.2ghz 64gb RAM 1Tb HD, OSX Mojave
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 24 core GPU, 2Tb SSD, 64gb RAM

https://www.junction10.photography/

Offline lemoustic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 11:33:58 PM »
Hello,

When I see your response, I doubt that already have, even once, tried to send pictures during a sporting event.

There was no time for fun to juggle between 2 software during a match.

The most important quality required for a sports photographer, is to send a selection of images as quickly as possible while the action takes place when we know that the first picture that happens that which is most often used by all the papers!

Time is money in our business.

We can't select many files, mark them in PM, then open the image in another program to carry out a recovery, return to the PM and send. It is't possible. Moreover, he must also keep an eye on the match to take pictures.

So, forgive me, but for me it's unacceptable that this function does not exist in software, provided that the function exists but in a more brutal.

I am a computer engineer, so I know what I mean. It is easy to modify this function that already exists. And in addition to images in JPG and RAW.

Eric

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »
Hello,

When I see your response, I doubt that already have, even once, tried to send pictures during a sporting event.

There was no time for fun to juggle between 2 software during a match.

The most important quality required for a sports photographer, is to send a selection of images as quickly as possible while the action takes place when we know that the first picture that happens that which is most often used by all the papers!

Time is money in our business.

We can't select many files, mark them in PM, then open the image in another program to carry out a recovery, return to the PM and send. It is't possible. Moreover, he must also keep an eye on the match to take pictures.

So, forgive me, but for me it's unacceptable that this function does not exist in software, provided that the function exists but in a more brutal.

I am a computer engineer, so I know what I mean. It is easy to modify this function that already exists. And in addition to images in JPG and RAW.

Eric

Eric, I know a lot of photographers who work on major sports events using PM without having your problem as a huge troubble as you see it. Of course it can allways be better and PM allways gets to be. But the workflow for many of us is allready speeded up by PM a lot compared to not having it.

On the other hand I am also in for getting the rotation of the crop feature.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline skyvan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
szukerbat, i submit on deadline on site (and during intermissions) at sporting events and often have to wait until after a game to submit great images that may be off crop because I don't have time to jump in to LR. I think it is a limitation that does hurt sports photographers.

I too would love to see this feature, or at the very least the ability to add third party created add-ons within PM.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 03:39:37 PM »
szukerbat, i submit on deadline on site (and during intermissions) at sporting events and often have to wait until after a game to submit great images that may be off crop because I don't have time to jump in to LR. I think it is a limitation that does hurt sports photographers.

I too would love to see this feature, or at the very least the ability to add third party created add-ons within PM.

I too would like to have rotate crop and levels, highlights and a few other things too.

But (well used) without having those PM is still a very valuable tool for many photographers submitting on deadline.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline dsidaway

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
Is it possible to have PM access the Camera Raw plugin to give us crop and color/exposure correction without having to have PS launched? I don't know if the Camera Raw plugin is a self-contained app or if it accesses aspects of the PS app to finish an action. i.e. the crop tool. If this is doable then hopefully upgrading PS everytime your current version no longer supports your new camera's file type would be unnecessary, for those who feel no need to update PS everytime a new RAW plugin is released.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »
Is it possible to have PM access the Camera Raw plugin to give us crop and color/exposure correction without having to have PS launched? I don't know if the Camera Raw plugin is a self-contained app or if it accesses aspects of the PS app to finish an action. i.e. the crop tool. If this is doable then hopefully upgrading PS everytime your current version no longer supports your new camera's file type would be unnecessary, for those who feel no need to update PS everytime a new RAW plugin is released.

No, it is not possible to host the ACR plugin inside Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline hagerpress

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
I am still missing the option tho rotate a crop and leveling the Horizon - I would by immediately update to a version with this feature for my works on Mac and also I would buy a new version for WIN PC, if this would be available.

PM is the tool No. 1 of my all day work with photography.

Best Regards from Germany,

Christian Hager, dpa - Deutsche Presse-Agentur

http://www.hagerpress.de

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
Hi,
I would also like to see a rotation crop function in PM.
Rds,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Would like to add my voice to this too. Very badly needed, I would no longer need Photoshop in the field
if this feature was added to PM. Right now, I have to open all the images from a shoot into photoshop
(cant do them all at once or it gets too slow, so usually load in 10 at a time) then crop, then individually
save each one!. Its a nightmare. if PM allowed you to rotate your crop selection, it would be great.
Please do it!

In fast action it is not always possible to shoot with the horizon leveled. For shooting at the sideline of a soccer/football game and matching editorial deadlines a rotating a crop feature would be very useful and could speed up the workflow extremely. Then PM would be all I need: Ingest>Select>Crop/Croprotate>FTP photo as (with "apply crop" and "sharpen" checked).

HM

Offline Ron Hawkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Maine Sports Report & Photography
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 06:16:57 AM »
This would be a great improvement to an already great program. Kirk, when/will we see this?
Thanks
Ron
Thanks
Ron Hawkes
Mainesportsreport.com
ron@mainesportsreport.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »
Ron,

This would be a great improvement to an already great program. Kirk, when/will we see this?

In the next major version of Photo Mechanic.  I don't have a projected release date for it yet.

-Kirk

Offline Ron Hawkes

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Maine Sports Report & Photography
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 05:03:46 PM »
Ron,

In the next major version of Photo Mechanic.  I don't have a projected release date for it yet.

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk, appreciate the response. That feature alone will be enough to get me to upgrade again just in the time it will save me.
Thanks
Ron
Thanks
Ron Hawkes
Mainesportsreport.com
ron@mainesportsreport.com

Offline tommygrealy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 03:57:14 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Is there a projected release date yet for the next major release and is this feature being worked in?

Thanks
-Tommy

Ron,

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:01 AM »
Tommy,

Is there a projected release date yet for the next major release and is this feature being worked in?

No.  I've already completed the feature but there is much more work to be done on other features before we'll have a new release.

-Kirk