Author Topic: Rename in Preview mode  (Read 4910 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Rename in Preview mode
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »
It would often help editors' work if the Enter file rename option would work in Preview mode. Especially when an editor is working with images already captioned by news agencies and photogs and has to do renaming based on the caption (ie. putting person or event names into the file names).
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rename in Preview mode
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »
It would often help editors' work if the Enter file rename option would work in Preview mode. Especially when an editor is working with images already captioned by news agencies and photogs and has to do renaming based on the caption (ie. putting person or event names into the file names).

Just type 'm' and you can rename.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »

-Kirk

Thanks it is good to know this option as well. Do I understand it correctly this way only the image viewed in Preview will be renamed even if there are more than one images in the current selection (as preview keeps and works with the selection)?
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »

Thanks it is good to know this option as well. Do I understand it correctly this way only the image viewed in Preview will be renamed even if there are more than one images in the current selection (as preview keeps and works with the selection)?

That's correct.

-Kirk

Offline nmf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:38:13 AM »
Is there any way to set this so that the name that appears in the rename box is the current filename or, that the existing filename can be altered directly in the same way as with on the contact sheet please ?

Sometimes as I check through Previews (or indeed when captioning) I need to make corrections or additions within the current filename. Going back to the contact sheet takes time and interrupts the workflow.

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:45:44 PM »
Is there any way to set this so that the name that appears in the rename box is the current filename or, that the existing filename can be altered directly in the same way as with on the contact sheet please ?

Sometimes as I check through Previews (or indeed when captioning) I need to make corrections or additions within the current filename. Going back to the contact sheet takes time and interrupts the workflow.

My logic works the same way: it would be great to have the actual filename for the rename.
Allways shooting RAW.