Author Topic: Keywording Selected Files?  (Read 5802 times)

Offline csgaraglino

• View Profile
    • Widow Creek
Keywording Selected Files?
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:08:38 PM »
Is there a way to EDIT and then APPLY keywords to selected files in a contact sheet?
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
www.WidowCreek.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keywording Selected Files?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »
Chris,

Is there a way to EDIT and then APPLY keywords to selected files in a contact sheet?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the EDIT part of your question: do you mean to create a list of keywords and then selectively apply from that list?  If so then sure, use the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog.  You can enter your keywords directly into the Keywords field, or you can use the Keywords dialog or the Structured Keywords dialog (both available from the popup menu button to the right of the Keywords field.)  Make sure you select your images before you enter the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog.  Also, if you only want to append your new keywords, make sure to set the '+' checkbox (this makes it append) otherwise any existing keywords will be removed from each photo before the new keywords are added.

There are also Keywords and Structured Keywords panels that can be used to apply keywords in bulk to selected photos without having to use the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog.  You can access these panels from the Image menu.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline csgaraglino

• View Profile
    • Widow Creek
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:39:35 PM »
No, here is a real life example.

I have ingested a shoot from a Ranch in Colorado.
I globally set the IPTC data, keyword, to include the word Buffalo.

However, after ingesting I noticed that ALL the images have Buffalo in them (just as I told it to). So now I need the ability to select all the Grasshopper images, remove Buffalo and add Grasshopper & Macro, without affecting the other existing keywords.

Etc.
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
www.WidowCreek.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:52 PM »
Chris,

No, here is a real life example.

I have ingested a shoot from a Ranch in Colorado.
I globally set the IPTC data, keyword, to include the word Buffalo.

However, after ingesting I noticed that ALL the images have Buffalo in them (just as I told it to). So now I need the ability to select all the Grasshopper images, remove Buffalo and add Grasshopper & Macro, without affecting the other existing keywords.

So you'll do the selection of the Grasshopper images visually?  Then use the Find and Replace panel (operating on "Selected photos" only), set only the Keywords checkbox, finding Buffalo, replacing with Grasshopper & Macro.

That should do it.

-Kirk