Author Topic: smugmug uploader  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Chilipepper

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
smugmug uploader
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »
Hi, I'm using PM 4.6.1 on a macbook pro with OSX 10.5.7.
When I try to upload jpgs scaled to 800 pixels they won't upload.

If I turn off the scaling they seem to copy and the upload list shows up and they start to send. I've used this feature before but I can't remember if I have used it since the last update. Photoshelter and FTP to sites works fine for me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I just scaled the pics to 800 in PS and they upload no problem at all.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:43:19 PM by Chilipepper »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: smugmug uploader
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »
Hi, I'm using PM 4.6.1 on a macbook pro with OSX 10.5.7.
When I try to upload jpgs scaled to 800 pixels they won't upload.

If I turn off the scaling they seem to copy and the upload list shows up and they start to send. I've used this feature before but I can't remember if I have used it since the last update. Photoshelter and FTP to sites works fine for me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: I just scaled the pics to 800 in PS and they upload no problem at all.

Can you post a screenshot of your SmugMug Uploader settings?  Use the 'Additional Options..." link when you compose your reply to upload your image.

-Kirk

Offline Chilipepper

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
Here is a pic of the uploader.
The files are jpg to start with. When I leave this screen nothing happens with the uploads but if I create a new gallery it gets made but no pictures are uploaded. If I don't try to scale the pictures they upload no problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »
Here is a pic of the uploader.
The files are jpg to start with. When I leave this screen nothing happens with the uploads but if I create a new gallery it gets made but no pictures are uploaded. If I don't try to scale the pictures they upload no problem.

I tried using your settings but I cannot reproduce the problem.  The image is scaled down and uploaded without any issues.

-Kirk

Offline Chilipepper

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »
I'm at a bit of a loss here. I just used those setting to send up jpgs from .NEF files and it worked just like always. I'm not sure what is happening with the jpgs that I was trying in the first place. I'll keep messing with things and see if I can get it to repeat.

Minor problem but I've used this program for years and I love the work you folks have put into it!