Author Topic: Stationary pad won't fully display in 10" Notebook  (Read 2620 times)

Offline rowlandr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • RobinRowland.com
Stationary pad won't fully display in 10" Notebook
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:03:49 PM »
Kirk
I have purchased an Acer !0" notebook because I like to travel light these days, especially since I leave soon to do some shooting in the northern British Columbia bush.
Everything in PhotoMechanic works except stationary pad (and pix look great with the Notebook's 32 bit color display.)  The notebook screen is 1024 X 600 and while the scroll bar allows all the fields displayed, the function buttons at the bottom of the stationary pad cannot be displayed because there is no "restore down" button for Stationary Pad just full display.

Is there an alternative function so I can save/load the xml file from desktop other than trying to reduce the display  resolution just for ingest or adding captions and the reenlarging for  viewing the pix?

thanks

Robin

Robin Rowland
Photographer and Author

http://robinrowland.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Stationary pad won't fully display in 10" Notebook
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
Robin,

I have purchased an Acer !0" notebook because I like to travel light these days, especially since I leave soon to do some shooting in the northern British Columbia bush.
Everything in PhotoMechanic works except stationary pad (and pix look great with the Notebook's 32 bit color display.)  The notebook screen is 1024 X 600 and while the scroll bar allows all the fields displayed, the function buttons at the bottom of the stationary pad cannot be displayed because there is no "restore down" button for Stationary Pad just full display.

Is there an alternative function so I can save/load the xml file from desktop other than trying to reduce the display  resolution just for ingest or adding captions and the reenlarging for  viewing the pix?

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?  Version 4.6.1 has all dialogs sized to fit netbook displays, or the dialogs are resizable.

-Kirk

Offline rowlandr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • RobinRowland.com
Re: Stationary pad won't fully display in 10" Notebook
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »
Robin,

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?  Version 4.6.1 has all dialogs sized to fit netbook displays, or the dialogs are resizable.

-Kirk

Kirk
Thanks. It took a while to figure out the problem.  I tried the resizing arrows but they didn't work.  Turns out that Acer locks the Windows toolbar by default.Once the toolbar was unlocked everything works fine.

RR
Robin Rowland
Photographer and Author

http://robinrowland.com