Author Topic: Resize and Watermark with border  (Read 3205 times)

Offline alok_anand2278

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Resize and Watermark with border
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
I want to resize my photos to 600x400 px and then add a border (black) of 40pixels on each side. I created the border 680x480 with the center portion 600x400 transparent in photoshop and saved the image as a png which I am using in the watermark section.

However, when I apply resizing and I say fit image to 600 pixels, the final image is 600 pixels wide and includes the border I created. The border is now covering up part of the image. Same case when I fit image to 680 pixels.. I want the image to be resized and fit into the 600x400 hole I have created in the watermark png.

Anybody have any clue on how to get this to work?

Thanks,
Alok

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Resize and Watermark with border
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »
Alok,

I want to resize my photos to 600x400 px and then add a border (black) of 40pixels on each side. I created the border 680x480 with the center portion 600x400 transparent in photoshop and saved the image as a png which I am using in the watermark section.

However, when I apply resizing and I say fit image to 600 pixels, the final image is 600 pixels wide and includes the border I created. The border is now covering up part of the image. Same case when I fit image to 680 pixels.. I want the image to be resized and fit into the 600x400 hole I have created in the watermark png.

Anybody have any clue on how to get this to work?

What you're trying to achieve can't be done with Photo Mechanic.

Sorry.

-Kirk