Author Topic: PM 4.6.1 stalls regularly  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Yvan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4.6.1 stalls regularly
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:14:52 PM »
Hi, I'm a longtime user of PM.

PM 4.6.1 stalls on my new computer. No way to stop the "not responding" problem, even Windows Task Manager can't stop it. I have to turn off the computer and restart.

It happens regularly and randomly. Only the "minimize", "maximize" and X buttons work, but X doesn't close the app.

I have Thinkpad W700, 4Gb RAM, Vista SP1, DirectX v.10.0,  Nvidia FX3700M graphics card with 1024Mb dedicated video memory and same for shared system memory (which seems to cause problems in other applications as well). I use NEF files and jpg files.

I noted that I can't open Capture NX2 when this happens.

Is this a known issue ?

Thanks,

Yvan
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:28:29 PM by Yvan »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.6.1 stalls regularly
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:26 PM »
Yvan,

Hi, I'm a longtime user of PM.

PM 4.6.1 stalls on my new computer. No way to stop the "not responding" problem, even Windows Task Manager can't stop it. I have to turn off the computer and restart.

It happens regularly and randomly. Only the "minimize", "maximize" and X buttons work, but X doesn't close the app.

I have Thinkpad W700, 4Gb RAM, Vista SP1, DirectX v.10.0,  Nvidia FX3700M graphics card with 1024Mb dedicated video memory and same for shared system memory (which seems to cause problems in other applications as well). I use NEF files and jpg files.

I noted that I can't open Capture NX2 when this happens.

Is this a known issue ?

I have never heard of this issue before.  If you would like troubleshooting assistance, please call our support folks at 503-547-2888

-Kirk

Offline Yvan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM 4.6.1 stalls regularly
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »
I'll do ASAP since I now can't open contact sheets ! I upgraded the graphic driver today...

Edited: I can now open contact sheets... the "semaphore timeout period has expired" problem has been solved simply by turning off and on the external HDD.

I'll check if the first problem still remains.

THanks

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:05:34 PM by Yvan »