Author Topic: Filenames in red  (Read 2382 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Filenames in red
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:06:06 PM »
Some times I have contact sheets with Filenames in red and no thumbnail or preview images appearing. What can cause this?

On my Win Netbook it sometimes happens even with JPG that a part of the contactsheet loads images correctly and only another part of the images don't appear. And there are issues when some have pixelated preview images.

But now on the Mac it happens too that the contactsheet shows empty thumbnails and no previews appear either. This issue is with RAW+JPG sets of a Canon G10. But earlyer I had no problem viewing any of its images and even OSX shows them in Finder or Quick view as well as in Preview.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Filenames in red
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
Szurkebarat,

Some times I have contact sheets with Filenames in red and no thumbnail or preview images appearing. What can cause this?

On my Win Netbook it sometimes happens even with JPG that a part of the contactsheet loads images correctly and only another part of the images don't appear. And there are issues when some have pixelated preview images.

But now on the Mac it happens too that the contactsheet shows empty thumbnails and no previews appear either. This issue is with RAW+JPG sets of a Canon G10. But earlyer I had no problem viewing any of its images and even OSX shows them in Finder or Quick view as well as in Preview.

Thumbnail titles show red until they load completely.  If they never load (because of an error for instance) then they will stay red.  Do you have a set of images that always show red?

-Kirk