Author Topic: Tag Selected Photos Doesn't work  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Vlad Bez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tag Selected Photos Doesn't work
« on: June 17, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »
Hi Kirk,

I am using Windows XP SP2, 3GB RAM and PM 4.6.1.  And after installing PM 4.6.1 after selecting group of images and clicking on Ctrl++, or go to Image->Tag Selected Photos, will not tag first selected image.  If I select 4 images and hit Ctrl++, it will only update 2, 3, and 4, but not 1 image.  And it is only happens if images were just processed in Nikon Capture NX 2 and I have open Nikon Capture NX2.  Images that were not processed work fine.  If I close Nikon Capture NX2, I am able to tag those pictures, that I was not able to tag just fine.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Vlad.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tag Selected Photos Doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
Vlad,

I am using Windows XP SP2, 3GB RAM and PM 4.6.1.  And after installing PM 4.6.1 after selecting group of images and clicking on Ctrl++, or go to Image->Tag Selected Photos, will not tag first selected image.  If I select 4 images and hit Ctrl++, it will only update 2, 3, and 4, but not 1 image.  And it is only happens if images were just processed in Nikon Capture NX 2 and I have open Nikon Capture NX2.  Images that were not processed work fine.  If I close Nikon Capture NX2, I am able to tag those pictures, that I was not able to tag just fine.

Capture NX2 sometimes leaves files open for exclusive access, thus denying other applications like Photo Mechanic from writing to them.  There's really not much we can do about it.  The problem lies with Capture NX2.

-Kirk

Offline Vlad Bez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Tag Selected Photos Doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »
Thanks Kirk.

Sincerely,
Vlad.