Author Topic: Problems with PM and NX2 together  (Read 2457 times)

Offline ebmarketa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Problems with PM and NX2 together
« on: June 19, 2009, 05:30:40 AM »
Hello,

I noticed that when Nikon NX2 is running at the same time with PM I have problems with changing star ratings in PM. Of course the file is not open in NX2 at the time.  Either I can't change an existing star rating at all or it will return back to the previous value when I move on to the next file. I also cannot rename files in the folder unless I close NX2. This problem started with the latest release of PM 4.61 - I don't remember this problem with the version just before the latest. My computer has Windows XP.

Thanks,

Marketa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problems with PM and NX2 together
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:51:05 AM »
Marketa,

I noticed that when Nikon NX2 is running at the same time with PM I have problems with changing star ratings in PM. Of course the file is not open in NX2 at the time.  Either I can't change an existing star rating at all or it will return back to the previous value when I move on to the next file. I also cannot rename files in the folder unless I close NX2. This problem started with the latest release of PM 4.61 - I don't remember this problem with the version just before the latest. My computer has Windows XP.

The problem is in Capture NX2.  It sometimes leaves files open for exclusive access and PM cannot open the file for writing.  This is not a new issue nor can anything be done by Photo Mechanic to work around the issue.   The Capture NX2 people have to fix this one.

-Kirk