Author Topic: Main menue gone... .  (Read 4023 times)

Offline b4ff00

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Main menue gone... .
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:20:28 AM »
Hi. I'm having some problem with the Photo Mechanic Version 4.6. It's really unbelivable but i'm too dumb to show the main menue (file menue, edit menue, image menue, .. etc. at the top of PM). It has been gone while clicking purposeless at any area in this program. Trying all Shortcuts and have been reinstalled 4.6 - nothing helps. I go crazy without the menues und so I'm much needing your help with this problem.

Tank you for any answers.

- Having the PM Version 4.6 at a Windows XP PC.

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Re: Main menue gone... .
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:54:28 AM »
It is possible to drag the main menu and position it anywhere inside the application window or have it anchored to the left, bottom, or right edges of the window.  If it were at any of these positions, I would imagine you would have found it by now  ;D

It is also possible to drag the main menu outside of the application window, and my guess is this is what you have done.  You may have also accidentally moved it off the screen which would mean only a corner of it would be visible.  If this is the case, check the edges of you screen for anything that looks like it could be the menu.  Also, check under the task bar at the bottom of your screen (you may have to unlock it by right clicking on the task bar).

HTH,

Deven

Offline b4ff00

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:43:13 AM »
Hi Deven. Thank you for your answer. For about 10 minutes I hoped an searched over my hole screen to find the menue.. . But i couldn't find anything looks like a corner or something. Taskbar where also hidden while done the search. So there couldn't be any position this little menue had to hidden hisself.  :'(

Here you'll find a screenshot of my pm - hoping it would attest my problem. (or show where the menue is, if i miss it.)
http://icepic.de/show/unbenannt-161.jpg/

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
Hi. I'm having some problem with the Photo Mechanic Version 4.6. It's really unbelivable but i'm too dumb to show the main menue (file menue, edit menue, image menue, .. etc. at the top of PM). It has been gone while clicking purposeless at any area in this program. Trying all Shortcuts and have been reinstalled 4.6 - nothing helps. I go crazy without the menues und so I'm much needing your help with this problem.

Tank you for any answers.

- Having the PM Version 4.6 at a Windows XP PC.

Hello,

To restore the menus on the Windows version of Photo Mechanic, you will need to hold down the shift key directly after launching Photo Mechanic, until the Contact Sheet opens. This should reset the position of Photo Mechanic's menus, etc.

Regards,
Jerry

Offline b4ff00

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 05:24:33 AM »
Aaahhh Thank you! It works! :)