Author Topic: Autorun Ingest to PM  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
Autorun Ingest to PM
« on: June 29, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
Under Windows XP Pro, inserting a card with images into the card reader opened a selection box with ingest into PM as a choice.  I have upgraded (or maybe downgraded, I haven't decided) to Vista 64 on a new system.  I no longer get the PM ingest as a choice when a card is inserted.  Going to the autorun configuration gives me only limited choices and no PM.  I found an app called Autoplay Repair (not MS Autoplay fixer) that allows more modifications to the autorun selections.  However, I'm not sure what I need to point to as far as an .exe file goes.  Just going to PM opens PM but not the ingest menu.  I know I'm only a couple of clicks away or I could set PM to always open to ingest.  The whole autoplay issue is a minor inconvenience not a major deal so I can live with it if necessary.  I'm just a tinkerer (or control freak) I guess and want to set things my way.  Oh, On mount of Camera Disk is set to show ingest dialog.

Woodie

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Autorun Ingest to PM
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 04:57:53 PM »
Woodie,

Under Windows XP Pro, inserting a card with images into the card reader opened a selection box with ingest into PM as a choice.  I have upgraded (or maybe downgraded, I haven't decided) to Vista 64 on a new system.  I no longer get the PM ingest as a choice when a card is inserted.  Going to the autorun configuration gives me only limited choices and no PM.  I found an app called Autoplay Repair (not MS Autoplay fixer) that allows more modifications to the autorun selections.  However, I'm not sure what I need to point to as far as an .exe file goes.  Just going to PM opens PM but not the ingest menu.  I know I'm only a couple of clicks away or I could set PM to always open to ingest.  The whole autoplay issue is a minor inconvenience not a major deal so I can live with it if necessary.  I'm just a tinkerer (or control freak) I guess and want to set things my way.  Oh, On mount of Camera Disk is set to show ingest dialog.

Our AutoPlay handler doesn't work with 64-bit systems so it is not listed in the AutoPlay preferences.  There is not much you can do about it from your end at the moment.

-Kirk

Offline Woodie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »
The 64 bit thing seems to be a problem with a lot of software and hardware.  If it weren't so time consuming to start over, I might just go back to XP Pro on this system.  With more computers coming with 64 bit Vista and soon WIN 7, maybe the support will increase.  I did use Autoplay Repair to set open PM as a choice when a camera card is inserted.  That gets me partway there.

Thanks.

Offline Eagle66

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
I have WIN Vista 32Bit and the AutoPlay handler also doesn't work.

If i press CTRL-G the ingest dialog pop up and the card can read.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:30:03 AM »
I have WIN Vista 32Bit and the AutoPlay handler also doesn't work.

If i press CTRL-G the ingest dialog pop up and the card can read.

That is the expectation currently for Windows 64-bit OSes.

-Kirk