Author Topic: DVD Burning and Growl Notifications  (Read 4356 times)

Offline billy3220

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
DVD Burning and Growl Notifications
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:48:17 AM »

I use PM to burn back up DVDs of everything I shoot. It's great, but when I'm done I have to quit PM to get Blank DVD's to reapear on my mac. Am I doning something wrong? If not, can that be solved?

Also I see you have Growl set up to notify but PM still sends a notification when done ingesting files. Again am I doing something wrong? I really don't need double notifications just one or the other.

Thanks,

-Nick
Mac book Pro core2 2gig ram PM4.6.2

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: DVD Burning and Growl Notifications
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
Nick,

I use PM to burn back up DVDs of everything I shoot. It's great, but when I'm done I have to quit PM to get Blank DVD's to reapear on my mac. Am I doning something wrong? If not, can that be solved?

Do you mean by 'reappear' that you want blank DVDs to appear on the Desktop in the Finder?

Quote from: billy3220
Also I see you have Growl set up to notify but PM still sends a notification when done ingesting files. Again am I doing something wrong? I really don't need double notifications just one or the other.

Since you're running 4.6.2 (beta) have you set the check box 'Show Growl notifications instead of modal alerts where possible' in the Accessibility tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog?

-Kirk

Offline billy3220

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »

Do you mean by 'reappear' that you want blank DVDs to appear on the Desktop in the Finder?

Yeah sorry, spelling error (reappear). I use PM to burn images but sometimes I want to burn several folders of images. So I guess my request is if you could give me the option to burn multiple folders of images or make it so when I'm not burning in PM I can still see blank DVDs in finder. Hope that helps.
-Nick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »
Nick,

Yeah sorry, spelling error (reappear). I use PM to burn images but sometimes I want to burn several folders of images. So I guess my request is if you could give me the option to burn multiple folders of images or make it so when I'm not burning in PM I can still see blank DVDs in finder. Hope that helps.

I was able to reproduce your issue and have fixed the problem.  The latest beta (4.6.2b3) has this fix in it.  Please check the Announcements section of the forums for the latest beta and confirm that the issue is solved.

-Kirk

Offline billy3220

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 08:22:58 PM »
Thanks!