Author Topic: option to "rotate pictures" during ingest  (Read 7919 times)

Offline xx91x

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
option to "rotate pictures" during ingest
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:56:49 PM »
I often use the option to rotate my jpg's after they are ingested. I would like to see an option to have this done during ingest. Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: option to "rotate pictures" during ingest
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:20:50 PM »
I often use the option to rotate my jpg's after they are ingested. I would like to see an option to have this done during ingest. Thank you.

What programs are you using that require you to hard rotate your images?  Most modern image-handling apps will automatically rotate images based on the EXIF orientation tag value.

-Kirk

Offline xx91x

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 03:56:08 AM »
Windows slideshow, thumbnails and file viewer don't auto rotate. I use the built in windows "publish this folder to the web" option to post my pictures. If I have not manually rotated the files they end up sideways on my website.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »
Windows slideshow, thumbnails and file viewer don't auto rotate. I use the built in windows "publish this folder to the web" option to post my pictures. If I have not manually rotated the files they end up sideways on my website.

Windows Vista will take care of the first problem.  As far as web stuff goes, why don't you use the HTML exporter in Photo Mechanic?  You will get all images hard-rotated, and can choose what metadata you have listed with each photo...

As far as adding a hard-rotate option on Ingest, it has been requested and noted.

-Kirk

Offline ba1212

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 05:06:17 PM »

Hi Kirk

I know this is an old request, but I would also find the option to rotate images on ingest useful.

It's easy to forget to rotate images as part of a workflow, as they all seem fine when viewing in most places.

Thanks,
Ben

Offline Vlad Bez

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:30:21 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Indeed I also found need for option rotate images useful, since after burning images to DVD and giving them to the client when they open them in Windows Explorer they are not rotated.  This problem exist in Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.  Microsoft is not reading EXIF information about rotation bit.

Thanks for great work.

Sincerely,
Vlad.