Author Topic: "save as" quandry  (Read 3911 times)

Offline stephenjedgar

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
"save as" quandry
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:45:38 AM »
 >:(

hi gang.  Running 4.5.4 on my MacBookPro.  have selected all and intend to save all as tifs at a certain size.  But am given a warning message stating that "only 66 of 77 images can be saved at hi resolutiion"  I'm pretty sure I've utilised this before when giving clients a variety of file types.  In this case I'm turning NEFs to Tifs
Does it have to do with my Nikon D3?

thanks

stephenjedgar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "save as" quandry
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:20:56 PM »
Stephen,

Running 4.5.4 on my MacBookPro.  have selected all and intend to save all as tifs at a certain size.  But am given a warning message stating that "only 66 of 77 images can be saved at hi resolutiion"  I'm pretty sure I've utilised this before when giving clients a variety of file types.  In this case I'm turning NEFs to Tifs
Does it have to do with my Nikon D3?

Only version 4.6 and higher can save from RAW files using the embedded previews in NEF files.  Earlier versions need to use Apple's ImageIO to render the RAW data.  I think what may be happening is that ImageIO is having problems rendering some of the images.  Are all of the images from the same camera?

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: "save as" quandry
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:56:34 AM »
Adding to Kirk's response here: if you want, you can also use the Export function (e.g., simple html) to get jpgs from RAW files. But perhaps an easier way is to use the extract function from the tools menu.

In 4.6 the distinction between RAW abd other file formats is gone and save as can do both types of files (the choice is offered to use the embedded JPG or not)

Hope this helps.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl