Author Topic: Setting the capture date as default  (Read 4652 times)

Offline womblepaul

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Setting the capture date as default
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:17:14 AM »
I have version 4.6.1 and am using a power mac. My current workflow involves putting individual caption on to a file and then copy, save paste etc. The problem I am getting is that the default date is set to todays date and even when I change this to capture date and then copy/paste the file to the next file the date reverts back to todays date. I can't find anywhere to set the capture date as default , so i have to check the capture date in every image which is very time consuming. I am a bit of a ludite so may be missing something obvious !

Any help ?

Thanks in advance Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Setting the capture date as default
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 01:38:55 PM »
Paul,

I have version 4.6.1 and am using a power mac. My current workflow involves putting individual caption on to a file and then copy, save paste etc. The problem I am getting is that the default date is set to todays date and even when I change this to capture date and then copy/paste the file to the next file the date reverts back to todays date. I can't find anywhere to set the capture date as default , so i have to check the capture date in every image which is very time consuming. I am a bit of a ludite so may be missing something obvious !

I'm sorry it took so long to reply to your message.  You posted it in either the Band Aide or Quantum Mechanic forums and I don't read those often.  I have moved your posting to the Photo Mechanic forums.

Are you talking about the IPTC date field as displayed in the IPTC Info dialog or are you talking about a different date?  If it is the IPTC date, then check your IPTC/XMP tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog and make sure that the popup menu titled "IPTC Info Date and Time uses:" is set to "Capture Time".  That way each time you update the IPTC data (any field) then the IPTC date will be set as the date and time the photo was taken.

-Kirk