Author Topic: IPTC job-id  (Read 3918 times)

Offline troubleshooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC job-id
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:03:00 AM »
hi,

how can I find the IPTC field job-id (#022) in the IPTC pad of pm?

thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:04:47 AM by troubleshooter »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC job-id
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:31:42 AM »
how can I find the IPTC field job-id (#022) in the IPTC pad of pm?

The closest definition that I can find with that ID is the Fixture-Identification.  I haven't heard of the field you described.  The reason you can't find it is because it isn't supported.  We still do support JobMinder and it has a Job field, if I recall correctly.

-Kirk

Offline troubleshooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:19:39 AM »
thanks. ok, it is possible that you may call it this way. here in germany some newspapers and agencies will take a field you call "job-kennzeichnung"... and where can i find the job fields you discribed? in the iptc pad?
thanks a lot.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »
thanks. ok, it is possible that you may call it this way. here in germany some newspapers and agencies will take a field you call "job-kennzeichnung"... and where can i find the job fields you discribed? in the iptc pad?

You have to purchase a JobMinder version of Photo Mechanic.  Not many people use JobMinder anymore since the JobMinder folks went out of business.

Do you have an image (JPEG preferably) with the field you're interested in already filled in?  If I could have a sample image then I could find out exactly what we're dealing with.

-Kirk

Offline heavymeister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:10:51 AM »
The IPTC specification shows this:

Property name: JobID
User interface label: Job Identifier
Description: Number or identifier for the purpose of improved workflow handling. This ID should be
added by the creator or provider for transmission and routing purposes only and should
have no significance for archiving.
Note(s): Note: As this identifier references a job of the receiver's workflow it has first to be issued
by the receiver, then be transmitted to the creator or provider of the news object and finally
added by him to this field.

Offline troubleshooter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 09:28:01 AM »
hi,

thanks a lot for you answers.

@kirk: from one newspaper who wants to have something in the field which they call "job-kennzeichnung" or job-id (IPTC int.) I got a picture that I can send to you. have you a mail address?
in this field they want to have the local edition of their paper, for example a shortcut for a region in southern germany, you know? B-KE oder B-AL... but when i open the example i can't find this code, so i think it is not an int. standard and you can't finde it in pm...

greets from germany