Author Topic: Question about File Uploader to Gallery2  (Read 2091 times)

Offline lawilliams

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Question about File Uploader to Gallery2
« on: July 11, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »
I have been trying to upload an image to an album at my Gallery2 site.

There's a section that asks for Destination Gallery Account and then Account Name and Album.  I am able to add the Account name, but can't figure out how you add the name of the album I want to upload it to?  There's a "Create New Album" that doesn't light up and the block doesn't allow me to type anything inside it.

I am in the very early stages of working with Photo Mechanic (about two weeks).  So far, I'm very happy with it, but I'm now trying to branch out and learn more of the things I can do with the program.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Question about File Uploader to Gallery2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
I have been trying to upload an image to an album at my Gallery2 site.

There's a section that asks for Destination Gallery Account and then Account Name and Album.  I am able to add the Account name, but can't figure out how you add the name of the album I want to upload it to?  There's a "Create New Album" that doesn't light up and the block doesn't allow me to type anything inside it.

That would indicate that the Gallery2 Uploader template was unable to connect to your server.  Check your Connection Settings.  Is everything correct?  Did you install the 'Remote' module on your Gallery2 server?

-Kirk

Offline lawilliams

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Question about File Uploader to Gallery2
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »
That would indicate that the Gallery2 Uploader template was unable to connect to your server.  Check your Connection Settings.  Is everything correct?  Did you install the 'Remote' module on your Gallery2 server?

No, I did not .. but I will look for that next.  I'm actually having a difficult time working with Gallery2.  I had Gallery1 for several years, but then it began crashing on a regular basis so now I'm trying to learn that software as well.  I'm quite technology challenged unfortunately.

I'll see what I can find.  Thanks.