Author Topic: Generating a time involving 12 noon correctly  (Read 1757 times)

Offline dbarrack

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Generating a time involving 12 noon correctly
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »
I am needing to ingest files and populate the IPTC caption with an easy to understand timestamp.   One that looks reasonable would produce the a date such as "June 25 at 12:22 PM".   To accomplish this I use the following: {monthname} {day} at {hour}:{minute} {ampm}.  This works except for the case of times involving 12 noon.  Instead of getting "June 25 at 12:22 PM" I am getting "June 25 at 00:22 PM".  I wouldn't mind if this were for myself or for use with colleagues but this is for customers who are searching for their images based on the time they were taken and the time of 00:22 PM will surely confuse. 

I am working on OS X 10.5.7 and Photo Mechanic 4.6.1.  The camera used is typically a Nikon D3.

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Generating a time involving 12 noon correctly
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »
David,

I am needing to ingest files and populate the IPTC caption with an easy to understand timestamp.   One that looks reasonable would produce the a date such as "June 25 at 12:22 PM".   To accomplish this I use the following: {monthname} {day} at {hour}:{minute} {ampm}.  This works except for the case of times involving 12 noon.  Instead of getting "June 25 at 12:22 PM" I am getting "June 25 at 00:22 PM".  I wouldn't mind if this were for myself or for use with colleagues but this is for customers who are searching for their images based on the time they were taken and the time of 00:22 PM will surely confuse. 

I am working on OS X 10.5.7 and Photo Mechanic 4.6.1.  The camera used is typically a Nikon D3.

That is indeed a bug.  We'll fix it in 4.6.2.

In the meantime you could do a Find and Replace in the Caption field for '00:' and replace it with '12:' to work around the issue.

-Kirk