Author Topic: Looking for someone to modify / write a template for me.  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
Looking for someone to modify / write a template for me.
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
OK I'm tired of having to perform 'extra' steps and I'm sure that someone here can make my life easier. I am currently using the PM export function to generate previews and thumbnails but then I have to go in and 'clean up' as I don't need or want all of the html code.  What I want to change is:

Name the 'thumbs" folder "thumbnails"
Delete or don't bother generating all that html code.
Skip the css file too. I don't need it.
Copy the files in C:\xxxxxxx\xxxxx\xxxxx\*.* into the top folder where /images and /thumbnails was created.

I am willing to pay someone a reasonable fee to accomplish this.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Looking for someone to modify / write a template for me.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12:39 AM »
OK I'm tired of having to perform 'extra' steps and I'm sure that someone here can make my life easier. I am currently using the PM export function to generate previews and thumbnails but then I have to go in and 'clean up' as I don't need or want all of the html code.  What I want to change is:

Name the 'thumbs" folder "thumbnails"
Delete or don't bother generating all that html code.
Skip the css file too. I don't need it.
Copy the files in C:\xxxxxxx\xxxxx\xxxxx\*.* into the top folder where /images and /thumbnails was created.

What is this last step?  What files are these?  Exporters are not allowed to arbitrarily access files outside of their 'package' or the destination folder.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »
The last step is to copy a group of php files from a "source" folder to the new folder that PM created. So it could be something like copy c:\mycomany\php_files\tournaments\*.* to c:\mycompany\images\youth\baseball\new_pm_folder

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:04:01 PM »
Offer is still open...... you can email me if you like. The address is in my profile. Tomorrow I will post the offer on some of the other photos sites that I belong to.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »
The last step is to copy a group of php files from a "source" folder to the new folder that PM created. So it could be something like copy c:\mycomany\php_files\tournaments\*.* to c:\mycompany\images\youth\baseball\new_pm_folder

OK, that last part cannot be accomplished in an Exporter template.  The template system will not allow it to occur due to security concerns.  If the source files are static (they do not change) then they could be made part of the template and then could be copied to the destination path.  Are they unchanging?

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »
The php code does change from time to time. I suppose that it could be hard coded into the "package" and I could edit the code within the package when needed. I can send you the files for you to look over. Worst case I would continue to paste in the files manually. Changing the thumbs folder name and deleting all the html is a bigger PIA for me right now.

Let me know if you want to see the php files.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »
The php code does change from time to time. I suppose that it could be hard coded into the "package" and I could edit the code within the package when needed. I can send you the files for you to look over. Worst case I would continue to paste in the files manually. Changing the thumbs folder name and deleting all the html is a bigger PIA for me right now.

Let me know if you want to see the php files.

Sure.  Contact me privately.

-Kirk

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
Done.