Author Topic: Applying data to all library  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Brenda

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Applying data to all library
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
Hi - new to this, but any data applied to ITPC Stationary Pad gets applied to ALL pictures in my 'My Pictures' folder, not just the ones selected. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks   

Offline Brenda

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Applying data to all library
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »
Sorry details are - windows xp, PM 4.6.1, file types PNG and JPEG

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Applying data to all library
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
Brenda,

Hi - new to this, but any data applied to ITPC Stationary Pad gets applied to ALL pictures in my 'My Pictures' folder, not just the ones selected. Where did I go wrong?

Photo Mechanic only operates on photos in the current Contact Sheet tab, and only on the selected photos in the current Contact Sheet tab.  It is just not possible for it to do otherwise.

How are you looking at your IPTC data on your photos?  Are you sure you're not continuing to use the IPTC Stationery Pad?  Does the dialog show a thumbnail of your in the upper-right corner of the window?  If not, then you're looking at the IPTC Stationery Pad and not the IPTC Info dialog for your photo.  This could make it appear as though all of your photos have the same information.

In order to view the IPTC Info dialog for a photo, click on the 'i' button that appears when you have your mouse cursor over a photo's thumbnail in the Contact Sheet.  Then you'll see the IPTC/XMP data that is in this particular photo.

HTH,

-Kirk