Author Topic: Removing saved rename strings from dialog  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Alan W. Smith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • alanwsmith.com
Removing saved rename strings from dialog
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »
In the "Rename Photos" dialog box, I saved a few file name templates via the lightning bolt button's "Save" command. I goofed on one when creating it and am trying to remove it but can't figure out how. I'm still fairly new to Photo Mechanic, but I don't see a way to remove them from the "Rename Photos" dialog, under the Preferences or Edit -> Settings.

Is there a way to remove the saved file name templates, and if so, how does one go about it?

Thanks!

Mac OS X 10.5.7
Photo Mechanic 4.6.1
2 GB of RAM.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Removing saved rename strings from dialog
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »
In the "Rename Photos" dialog box, I saved a few file name templates via the lightning bolt button's "Save" command. I goofed on one when creating it and am trying to remove it but can't figure out how. I'm still fairly new to Photo Mechanic, but I don't see a way to remove them from the "Rename Photos" dialog, under the Preferences or Edit -> Settings.

Is there a way to remove the saved file name templates, and if so, how does one go about it?

Hold down the Option key when you choose the named item on the Snapshot button and the Finder will show you the snapshot item.  You can then delete it by moving it to the Trash.

-Kirk

Offline Alan W. Smith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • alanwsmith.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
Awesome. Works like a champ. And for the sake of prosperity, I'll add the following.

The path that came up in the Finder for me was:
/Users/{my-user-id}/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/RenameDialogSettings

in case anyone wants to navigate there. (I don't know why you would with the Option+click, but just in case.)

Also, I did not have to restart Photo Mechanic, which is great. The next time I opened the lightning bolt dialog, the ones I trashed were gone.

Thanks,
-stimpix

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
Awesome. Works like a champ. And for the sake of prosperity, I'll add the following.

The path that came up in the Finder for me was:
/Users/{my-user-id}/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/RenameDialogSettings

in case anyone wants to navigate there. (I don't know why you would with the Option+click, but just in case.)

Also, I did not have to restart Photo Mechanic, which is great. The next time I opened the lightning bolt dialog, the ones I trashed were gone.

Each dialog has its own path.  Best to use the Option key shortcut.  Windows users would use the Shift key instead.

-Kirk