Author Topic: Help with renaming {seqn} behavior  (Read 2195 times)

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Help with renaming {seqn} behavior
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:58:14 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a renaming string for images using this example IPS-Barcelona-2607{seqn} where {seqn} should give me a new file name each time eg... IPS-Barcelona-260701, IPS-Barcelona-260702 and so on.

What I'm actually getting is a hyphen inserted just prior to the filename extension in the rename string as shown here... IPS-Barcelona-260701-.jpg

How do I setup the rename string so I do not have the hyphen ? I need the sequence to run ... IPS-Barcelona-260701.jpg

Many thanks in advance. :)

Mac OS X 10.5.7
PM Version 4.5.4
New unibody Macbook Pro

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:04:04 AM by reefer »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Help with renaming {seqn} behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
I'm trying to setup a renaming string for images using this example IPS-Barcelona-2607{seqn} where {seqn} should give me a new file name each time eg... IPS-Barcelona-260701, IPS-Barcelona-260702 and so on.

What I'm actually getting is a hyphen inserted just prior to the filename extension in the rename string as shown here... IPS-Barcelona-260701-.jpg

How do I setup the rename string so I do not have the hyphen ? I need the sequence to run ... IPS-Barcelona-260701.jpg

Many thanks in advance. :)

Mac OS X 10.5.7
PM Version 4.5.4
New unibody Macbook Pro

It sounds like you have an illegal character (a character not allowed in a filename) in your renaming string.  Put your cursor in the text field and then type Command-A to select all of the text.  Type the backspace key to delete all of the text.  Enter your renaming string again.

It should work fine now.

-Kirk

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Re: Help with renaming {seqn} behavior
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »
All sorted now, I did try your suggestion before you posted a reply which initially didn't solve the problem. For some reason a couple of attempts later it did work.

Thanks for the prompt reply.