Author Topic: resolution issues on email photos  (Read 2306 times)

Offline mcpics

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
resolution issues on email photos
« on: July 25, 2009, 12:14:32 PM »
I want to be able to send images at 72 dpi. I have set a custom width of 1024, and lowered the jpeg settings to low but would like to get the file size lower. I went into preferences/file and changed the default image resolution to 72, but when I send the photos they still come in at 200. My goal is to send one email with 10 or so images that our paper can use on the web, any way to do this?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: resolution issues on email photos
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »
I want to be able to send images at 72 dpi. I have set a custom width of 1024, and lowered the jpeg settings to low but would like to get the file size lower. I went into preferences/file and changed the default image resolution to 72, but when I send the photos they still come in at 200. My goal is to send one email with 10 or so images that our paper can use on the web, any way to do this?

DPI has nothing to do with file size.  It is just an indicator for printing purposes.  It has no effect on the number of pixels in your image.

Adjust the JPEG quality and scaled size until you see a size you feel is appropriate.

HTH,

-Kirk