Author Topic: More PM -> NX2 Problems  (Read 2213 times)

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
More PM -> NX2 Problems
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
I have tried to read most of the recent posts on PM to NX2 issues - and this worked the other day, now it seems to have stopped.

I am running 4.6.1 of PM and 2.2.0 For NX2 on WinXP. I can get PM to recognized the ratings and colors that I apply in NX2, but cannot go the other way. In fact, when I select a star rating on a pic in PM - then select another picture the rating disappears.... when I do it a second time it sticks - but is never seen by NX2. This worked a few days ago but suddenly stopped...

Here is the screen captures of the IPTC/XMP tab.... What am I doing wrong?

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: More PM -> NX2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
Kevin,

I have tried to read most of the recent posts on PM to NX2 issues - and this worked the other day, now it seems to have stopped.

I am running 4.6.1 of PM and 2.2.0 For NX2 on WinXP. I can get PM to recognized the ratings and colors that I apply in NX2, but cannot go the other way. In fact, when I select a star rating on a pic in PM - then select another picture the rating disappears.... when I do it a second time it sticks - but is never seen by NX2. This worked a few days ago but suddenly stopped...

Here is the screen captures of the IPTC/XMP tab.... What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing.  Capture NX2 likes to keep files open at exclusive access so Photo Mechanic (and any other software) is unable to update the file.  You need to either quit NX2 or make it browse a different folder.

Then the edits will be sticky again.

-Kirk

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: More PM -> NX2 Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »
Thanks very much - that was what it was....

Kevin