Author Topic: Adjusting Capture Dates and Times  (Read 1905 times)

Offline janetklinger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adjusting Capture Dates and Times
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:22:03 PM »
Hello,

I shot a wedding a couple weeks ago and my assistant and I forgot to sync our cameras before the day got started. It seems that her images are at least 3 hours and 4 minutes ahead of mine, so I tried going into Photo Mechanic to adjust only her pictures, by taking away 3 hours and 4 minutes. Once I did this I would go back into our main editing program which is Bridge and it didn't look like it changed the "date created" times at all. I am in a hurry to get this wedding posted for my clients, does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust my assistants images to match the correct times they were shot?  ???

Thanks,
J.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adjusting Capture Dates and Times
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
J.,

I shot a wedding a couple weeks ago and my assistant and I forgot to sync our cameras before the day got started. It seems that her images are at least 3 hours and 4 minutes ahead of mine, so I tried going into Photo Mechanic to adjust only her pictures, by taking away 3 hours and 4 minutes. Once I did this I would go back into our main editing program which is Bridge and it didn't look like it changed the "date created" times at all. I am in a hurry to get this wedding posted for my clients, does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust my assistants images to match the correct times they were shot?  ???

Bridge ignores the EXIF capture time found inside the images themselves when the images contain XMP data that has the EXIF time data in them as well.  The EXIF data has been adjusted.  Bridge just chooses to ignore it.  I am working on an update to address this issue by also adjusting any EXIF data found in XMP data so that Bridge will see the updated time.  But this update won't solve your very immediate issue.

I have an internal beta version I could get to you if you're interested.  Let me know what OS you're running.

-Kirk