Author Topic: Photoshelter upload problem  (Read 3592 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Photoshelter upload problem
« on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:07 AM »
I experience difficulties with uploading to PhotoShelter with the latest PM. Both under OSX and Win.

Error message:
2009-07-30 10:27:27   [ERROR]   E:\LRexport\0907298428a.jpg   PhotoShelter   C:\Program Files\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic 4.6.1\ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/resolv-replace.rb:52:in `original_resolv_send': Data sending or receiving not permitted because software  channel not connected (datagram software channel call sendto opreration canceled). - send(2)

Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photoshelter upload problem
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:38:17 AM »
I also started experiencing FTP upload errors with PM. On my Apple machine under OSX one FTP cannot connect (see error msg below), but Cyberduck has no problem connecting and uploading to it with the exact same settings. It might be caused by the Internet connection what I use but what might be the problem and how could I find and repair it?

MSG: 2009-07-31 09:59:24   [ERROR]   /PhotoPath/xy.jpg   FTP   Could not make connection to server.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 06:38:00 AM »
I also started experiencing FTP upload errors with PM. On my Apple machine under OSX one FTP cannot connect (see error msg below), but Cyberduck has no problem connecting and uploading to it with the exact same settings. It might be caused by the Internet connection what I use but what might be the problem and how could I find and repair it?

MSG: 2009-07-31 09:59:24   [ERROR]   /PhotoPath/xy.jpg   FTP   Could not make connection to server.

Do you use some sort of proxy server or anything else out of the ordinary?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:40:36 AM »

Do you use some sort of proxy server or anything else out of the ordinary?

-Kirk

Nothing that I know of but I use now foreign Internet connection provided by event organizers or a hotel so I don't really know what may be different from settings at home.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline vlad

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »
I also experience difficulties with uploading to PhotoShelter with the latest PM under Win Vista. When I fill in my PhotoShelter connection settings I get this message

Error: Hostname not known: ul.photoshelter.com   

Standalone Photoshelter uploader works fine with the same settings. It also works on another computer with PM 4.5.4 under Win XP.
Thanks for help
Vlad