Author Topic: Removing camera data  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Helen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Removing camera data
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:12:53 PM »
Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I try to remove my camera data by Tools > delete metadata > Exif
I thought this would do the trick, but it doesn't remove them when I check in CS4. The only way I can seem to clear my camera settings is when I also tick
Tools > delete metadata > XMP  but that clears everything. Is there a way I can clear the camera settings without losing everything else, or do I simply have to wipe everything to begin with and then apply data. I was wondering if I could clear camera data without losing my contact details etc.
Thanks
Helen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Removing camera data
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:59 PM »
Helen,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I try to remove my camera data by Tools > delete metadata > Exif
I thought this would do the trick, but it doesn't remove them when I check in CS4. The only way I can seem to clear my camera settings is when I also tick
Tools > delete metadata > XMP  but that clears everything. Is there a way I can clear the camera settings without losing everything else, or do I simply have to wipe everything to begin with and then apply data. I was wondering if I could clear camera data without losing my contact details etc.

The 'EXIF' data that CS4 is seeing is indeed contained in the XMP data.  The Delete Metadata tool currently does not delete this data from XMP files when you tell it to delete EXIF data.  I'll see if I can get the next update version to do that modification.

-Kirk

Offline Helen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Removing camera data
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 12:55:15 AM »
Thanks Kirk!