Author Topic: Integrate squence box into rename  (Read 2782 times)

Offline greyhoundx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Integrate squence box into rename
« on: August 22, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »
This is my vote to integrate the functions under the "Set {Seqn} variable..." button into the rename window itself. I almost always use 000 as the length. The only thing I need to do is reset the variable to zero, frequently. But it takes 3 mouse clicks, and a window to open. If the reset button for the variable was right on the main rename window it would be 1 click - and save me a little time and hassle. Plus if you put that on the the main rename window, you might was well just add the box for the variable itself, and get rid of the button all together.

Thanks,

Rick Rothwell

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Integrate squence box into rename
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 02:23:12 PM »
Rick,

This is my vote to integrate the functions under the "Set {Seqn} variable..." button into the rename window itself. I almost always use 000 as the length. The only thing I need to do is reset the variable to zero, frequently. But it takes 3 mouse clicks, and a window to open. If the reset button for the variable was right on the main rename window it would be 1 click - and save me a little time and hassle. Plus if you put that on the the main rename window, you might was well just add the box for the variable itself, and get rid of the button all together.

All you have to do is hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) and the button will change to 'Reset sequence'.  Click and you're done.

-Kirk

Offline greyhoundx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Integrate squence box into rename
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »
Thanks Kirk, even with me being a techie, your software has so many great features - it's just finding or remembering them sometimes that's the only problem. Thanks again.