Author Topic: Batch Rename without Ingest  (Read 1747 times)

Offline stevieray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Batch Rename without Ingest
« on: August 10, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
I would like to rename a large number of photos that are already located in the correct directory structure, they just have the wrong file name.  I would like to make use of the variables available during the ingest process when I create the new file names, but I don't want to copy or move the files, I really just want to rename them in their current directory.   I know that I could ingest these files again with a new macro for the name, but I expect that it would copy and/or move the files, and that is something that I want to avoid.

So, is there a way to use PM to rename files?

Thank.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Batch Rename without Ingest
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »
I would like to rename a large number of photos that are already located in the correct directory structure, they just have the wrong file name.  I would like to make use of the variables available during the ingest process when I create the new file names, but I don't want to copy or move the files, I really just want to rename them in their current directory.   I know that I could ingest these files again with a new macro for the name, but I expect that it would copy and/or move the files, and that is something that I want to avoid.

So, is there a way to use PM to rename files?

Open all of the folders into a single Contact Sheet tab and then use the Rename command on the File menu.

HTH,

-Kirk