Author Topic: viewing images from 2 or more folders in one contact sheet  (Read 3002 times)

Offline ralf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
viewing images from 2 or more folders in one contact sheet
« on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »
It would be great if I could watch 2 or more folders in one contact sheet. I ams using 2 camera bodys. the problem is that I can´t put all images in one folder because I might have double names wich leads to conflicts between them (can´t change the file name inside the camera). if PM can show the content of multiple folders, I would be able to sort them by capture time and then rename them at once (LR is able to do this) so the images are in the perfect order. ...sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:55:07 PM by ralf »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: viewing images from 2 or more folders in one contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:31:32 PM »
It would be great if I could watch 2 or more folders in one contact sheet. I ams using 2 camera bodys. the problem is that I can´t put all images in one folder because I might have double names wich leads to conflicts between them (can´t change the file name inside the camera). if PM can show the content of multiple folders, I would be able to sort them by capture time and then rename them at once (LR is able to do this) so the images are in the perfect order. ...sorry for my bad english

Photo Mechanic has been able to do this for some time now.  You can open multiple folders into a single contact sheet tab by right-clicking on the second folder and choosing 'Open in current Contact Sheet"

-Kirk

Offline ralf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:42:51 PM »
Thank you, Kirk! I should read the manual more carefully. Ralf

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 05:59:38 AM »
Thank you, Kirk!  Very useful !