Author Topic: FTP in Custom Order  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP in Custom Order
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:37:10 AM »
I'm trying to ftp images where I want to designate which will be the first image to upload.  I've tried all different types of sorting and tried to move the image by dragging it to the front but when the upload starts it always reverts back to the order of the original files.  How can I get a particular image to the front of the upload?  I know I'm missing something simple here, what is it?   Gray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP in Custom Order
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:41:31 AM »
Gray,

I'm trying to ftp images where I want to designate which will be the first image to upload.  I've tried all different types of sorting and tried to move the image by dragging it to the front but when the upload starts it always reverts back to the order of the original files.  How can I get a particular image to the front of the upload?  I know I'm missing something simple here, what is it?   Gray

How is it that you're "dragging it to the front"?  From within the progress dialog?  In the Contact Sheet before the upload?

-Kirk

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:47:50 AM »
Kirk,  I'm on a Mac and trying to drag from the contact sheet.  I designate 10 images I want to sent but image #5 is the one I want to go first.  I've tried to drag that image to the beginning of the contact sheet and then ftp.  That image never goes first.  It always sends the first image in the file # sequence.  Gray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »
Gray,

Kirk,  I'm on a Mac and trying to drag from the contact sheet.  I designate 10 images I want to sent but image #5 is the one I want to go first.  I've tried to drag that image to the beginning of the contact sheet and then ftp.  That image never goes first.  It always sends the first image in the file # sequence. 

Do the photos end up staying arranged after you drop them?  They should be sent in the order that they're arranged visually.

-Kirk

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:03:48 AM »
The images stay where I drag them until I close out that file.  When I open that folder back up the image has gone back to original order.  The image does stay in place when I start the ftp but it won't be the first file to transfer. I have specific file names I have to use so I can't just rename it.  Gray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
Gray,

The images stay where I drag them until I close out that file.  When I open that folder back up the image has gone back to original order.  The image does stay in place when I start the ftp but it won't be the first file to transfer. I have specific file names I have to use so I can't just rename it.  Gray

When you reopen the contact sheet, try switching to 'Arrangement' sort.  Do the images restore their previously arranged positions?
Can you list the filenames and the order in which you've placed them?

Or post a screenshot or two, please.

-Kirk

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
I'm getting closer.  I dragged an image to the first postition on the contact sheet then closed the folder.  When I reopened the folder it was back at original position but when I changed the sort to "arrangement" the image went back to where I dragged it.  That's good. Now I guess I need to try and ftp to see if it is the first image to transfer.  Will get back to you later on that. 

Thanks for your assistance as always.  Gray

Offline Gray

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »
Kirk,  I tried to ftp images and placed the image I wanted first by using the arrangement sort.  The image in question transferred in it's original order and not first like it is showing on the contact sheet.  Not sure where to go from here.  Gray

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »
Gray,

Kirk,  I tried to ftp images and placed the image I wanted first by using the arrangement sort.  The image in question transferred in it's original order and not first like it is showing on the contact sheet.  Not sure where to go from here.

Let me see if I can reproduce the issue.

-Kirk