Author Topic: trouble with arranging when sorted by capture time  (Read 1836 times)

Offline mike mundell

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
trouble with arranging when sorted by capture time
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:01:11 PM »
I am using a PC with XP with PM 4.6.1. I have gone through my files and picked winners and then gone through my second's files and picked the winners and have copied the winners into one folder. We time sync our 4 cameras before we start the day. I drag the folder with our winners into PM and sort by capture time. At this point I need to re-arrange the files and for some reason it wont let me. My friend uses a mac and has no problem doing this. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: trouble with arranging when sorted by capture time
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »
Mike,

I am using a PC with XP with PM 4.6.1. I have gone through my files and picked winners and then gone through my second's files and picked the winners and have copied the winners into one folder. We time sync our 4 cameras before we start the day. I drag the folder with our winners into PM and sort by capture time. At this point I need to re-arrange the files and for some reason it wont let me. My friend uses a mac and has no problem doing this. What do I need to do?

You need to either change the Sort toolbar menu to 'Arrangement' and then move the photos around, or you can go into the Preferences dialog on the 'Contact Sheet' tab and turn off the checkbox that reads "Only allow arrangements to occur when in Arrangement sort mode'.  Then you should be able to rearrange without having to change the Sort toolbar menu first.

HTH,

-Kirk