Author Topic: format not recognized by photoshop  (Read 2630 times)

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
format not recognized by photoshop
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:02:59 AM »
I shot picture in RAW with a Canon 50D and 1D Mark III.  Sorted in PM and went to modify on PS CS4.  "File format not recognized by PS"  Anyone tell me what is up and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: format not recognized by photoshop
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:10:54 AM »
I shot picture in RAW with a Canon 50D and 1D Mark III.  Sorted in PM and went to modify on PS CS4.  "File format not recognized by PS"  Anyone tell me what is up and how to fix it?

At this point I have no ideas.  Without your actual files to investigate, I really can't tell what may have happened.

When were these photos taken?  Do you still have the CF cards with those pictures on them?  If so, what happens if you try and open them from the card(s) with PS CS4?

What OS are you running?  What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:15:16 AM »
I am running PM 4.6.1.  How do I send you a file?  I do still have the CF cards with files.  I am just learning PM.  I actually downloaded the file with LR 2.0.  Opened the folder in PM.  I had checked a pic earlier in PS and it opened fine.  So I went through the folder, tagged what I liked and went to open a few of the shots in PS, got the message.  Went back to the folder, tried to open a specific file outside of PM but in PS, no luck.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »
I am running PM 4.6.1.  How do I send you a file?  I do still have the CF cards with files.  I am just learning PM.  I actually downloaded the file with LR 2.0.  Opened the folder in PM.  I had checked a pic earlier in PS and it opened fine.  So I went through the folder, tagged what I liked and went to open a few of the shots in PS, got the message.  Went back to the folder, tried to open a specific file outside of PM but in PS, no luck.

I'm sending you a private message with upload instructions...

-Kirk