Author Topic: How to "unconfigure" launch of Photo Mechanic  (Read 2230 times)

Offline dsmccormick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to "unconfigure" launch of Photo Mechanic
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:36:08 AM »
Hi. I am using PM 4.6.1. I found the "Configure Image Capture to Launch Photo Mechanic..." option in the preferences. Now when I insert my iPhone, PM launches before the sync with iTunes start. Is there any way to turn this behavior off? It's taking forever to sync my iPhone.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to "unconfigure" launch of Photo Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:36:58 AM »
Hi. I am using PM 4.6.1. I found the "Configure Image Capture to Launch Photo Mechanic..." option in the preferences. Now when I insert my iPhone, PM launches before the sync with iTunes start. Is there any way to turn this behavior off? It's taking forever to sync my iPhone.

Sure.  There are two ways.  One is to open Image Capture yourself and set it to either open nothing, or something else if you prefer.  The other would be to use this free software:

http://www.flexibits.com/

...to configure it so that mounting an iPhone would not trigger Photo Mechanic to be launched.  Others have said that this works very well and still allows them to use PM the way they want to and not have issues with their iPhone.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dsmccormick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How to "unconfigure" launch of Photo Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 04:01:02 PM »
Brilliant, Kirk! Flexibits camera prefs worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. David