Author Topic: More SEO friendly HTML export  (Read 3502 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
More SEO friendly HTML export
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:01 AM »
Could it be a change/addition or option to the HMTL exporter to let the image file names be changed (like in other dialogs like copy or anything else) and the image site now called image_15.htm be {fbas}.htm to be more SEO (Search Engine Optimalization) frienendly?

I know with some programming - and learning Ruby - I could maybe do it myself. But it would help a lot if PM would do it this way in the first place and I don't see any reason why would the current HTML naming be a better option so why not to change to a better one?
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: More SEO friendly HTML export
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:31:19 AM »
Could it be a change/addition or option to the HMTL exporter to let the image file names be changed (like in other dialogs like copy or anything else) and the image site now called image_15.htm be {fbas}.htm to be more SEO (Search Engine Optimalization) frienendly?

I know with some programming - and learning Ruby - I could maybe do it myself. But it would help a lot if PM would do it this way in the first place and I don't see any reason why would the current HTML naming be a better option so why not to change to a better one?

Ideally, this would be done in the outer portion of the Exporter dialog in such a way that each template wouldn't have to be modified.  This could only be done by us since the outer window area is not source code that could be modified by the user.

I'll think about it.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: More SEO friendly HTML export
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

Ideally, this would be done in the outer portion of the Exporter dialog in such a way that each template wouldn't have to be modified.  This could only be done by us since the outer window area is not source code that could be modified by the user.

I'll think about it.

-Kirk

I (and I hope many others) would greatly appreciate it.

By the way thank you for the great job and sorry for my 'great' ideas that give you so much to do!
,-))
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com