Author Topic: Renaming pictures, adding IPTC (problem with date and timeshow in IPTC info)  (Read 2725 times)

Offline hatte006

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
When adding IPTC info to a picture (with IPTC stationary pad) and using {filenamebase} in the field; Object Name to get the real file name at that place (after renaming).
Everythong goes well but my field; Date (as shown unther country) and als the time (which i cannot shee here ) will change in the place;    I (show IPTC info)  time and date....
How to avoid ? Thanks !

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
When adding IPTC info to a picture (with IPTC stationary pad) and using {filenamebase} in the field; Object Name to get the real file name at that place (after renaming).
Everythong goes well but my field; Date (as shown unther country) and als the time (which i cannot shee here ) will change in the place;    I (show IPTC info)  time and date....
How to avoid ?

Do you have the 'Apply' checkbox next to the date control set?  If it is set then the date will be modified.  Do you have the IPTC Stationery Pad set to always use today as the date (you can check this in the IPTC/XMP tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog)?

-Kirk

Offline hatte006

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
No, the apply checkboc is not checked and the preference dialog IPTC/XMP is set right.....
It's an a Mac and JPEG-files (earlier RAW-files) Files made Canon camera (RAW) older than two years.....
-Bart

Do you have the 'Apply' checkbox next to the date control set?  If it is set then the date will be modified.  Do you have the IPTC Stationery Pad set to always use today as the date (you can check this in the IPTC/XMP tab of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog)?

-Kirk

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:28:27 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Bart,

No, the apply checkboc is not checked and the preference dialog IPTC/XMP is set right.....
It's an a Mac and JPEG-files (earlier RAW-files) Files made Canon camera (RAW) older than two years.....

Can you post a screenshot of the IPTC Info dialog on a file before and after (two screenshots) of what happens?

What version of PM are you running?

-Kirk