Author Topic: Flickr upload problem  (Read 10761 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Flickr upload problem
« on: August 27, 2009, 04:34:10 AM »
I am using a logging test version from Kirk and experience problem connecting to Flickr. The Upload dialog stays on "Checking Flickr authorization..." and if I try sending an error message says: "Unable to upload because: Timeout waiting for account parameters from server."
Some times I also receive the error message Unknown host: www.flicrk.com

This may be specific to this test version I did not have time to test the release version on this issue.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Flickr upload problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 06:31:59 AM »
I am using a logging test version from Kirk and experience problem connecting to Flickr. The Upload dialog stays on "Checking Flickr authorization..." and if I try sending an error message says: "Unable to upload because: Timeout waiting for account parameters from server."

This may be specific to this test version I did not have time to test the release version on this issue.

Sounds like DNS isn't working correctly at the moment on your system.  Can you connect to flickr via a web browser at that same moment?

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 12:09:55 AM »

Sounds like DNS isn't working correctly at the moment on your system.  Can you connect to flickr via a web browser at that same moment?

-Kirk

Yes, Flickr works fine on both of my browsers. I can browse, login, etc. Even upload photos through the web uploader.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:04:35 AM »

Yes, Flickr works fine on both of my browsers. I can browse, login, etc. Even upload photos through the web uploader.

Is this issue happening on Mac OS X or on Windows?  Which version of the OS?

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:07:34 AM »

Is the above web server address a typo?  Or did you really mean to type: www.flickr.com

Note that you had added an additional 'k' before the .com part.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »

Is the above web server address a typo?  Or did you really mean to type: www.flickr.com

-Kirk

It is only a typo on may part of course. I suppose the web address is hardwired into the Flickr uploader I cannot even change it. The problem must be elsewhere.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »

It is only a typo on may part of course. I suppose the web address is hardwired into the Flickr uploader I cannot even change it. The problem must be elsewhere.

OK.  Did the problem occur on Mac OS X or on Windows?

-Kirk

Offline sdevore

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
If you are on Mac OS X you can use a program like HTTPScoop (http://www.tuffcode.com/) which lets you look at the request and responses to a webservice.  It can really help one see where the failures are happening and can give a lot of detail to which side of the process the problems is happening.  I find it much easier to quickly find issues then with tools like TCPDump or other raw packet sniffers.

Sam D

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »

OK.  Did the problem occur on Mac OS X or on Windows?

-Kirk

It is on OSX with the logging beta you gave me to test a slowdown (I hadn't really had time for that). I don't know if it would log this issue as well.
Allways shooting RAW.

Offline helfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 06:09:32 AM »
I have a problem too. Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

The last data of httpscoop after clicking on <yes> in PM:

http://www.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.auth.getToken&api_key=858c859989e2f65b32d52a2e0e06e08d&frob=72157622991510168-ce5214e3b3aab7a8-750441&api_sig=bccc6a68323a0fefdec3cb5cbf20f3f2

Then I got the error:

Unable to upload because: Have not received photosets list from server.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 07:36:10 AM »
I have a problem too. Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

The last data of httpscoop after clicking on <yes> in PM:

http://www.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.auth.getToken&api_key=858c859989e2f65b32d52a2e0e06e08d&frob=72157622991510168-ce5214e3b3aab7a8-750441&api_sig=bccc6a68323a0fefdec3cb5cbf20f3f2

Then I got the error:

Unable to upload because: Have not received photosets list from server.

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline helfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 08:15:11 AM »

And what dialog is presenting you with a 'Yes' button?  I'm not expecting that.

-Kirk

Offline helfo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »
I unchecked the "Force logon" and now it works.