Author Topic: Read before posting an issue  (Read 16819 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Read before posting an issue
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:08:14 am »
Hello everyone,

Before you post an issue on the Support forum, please consider the severity of your problem and decide if you need immediate help or if you're willing to wait for help.  If you want more immediate help, you should consider calling our Technical Support personnel at +1 503.547.2888.

If your issue is less pressing, feel free to post on the Support forum.  Turnaround time on the forums can be minutes to hours depending on how busy we are with our primary duties.

When you post an issue on the Support forum, please include the version of Photo Mechanic and the OS name and version with your issue.  If you don't include that information, most likely the first reply to your issue will be asking you for the version of Photo Mechanic and the OS information anyway, slowing down the resolution of your issue.

Including this information is simple.  Here is an example:

I am running Photo Mechanic version 4.6.1 and I run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on my Intel-based Mac.

or if you're running Photo Mechanic 5, furnish the build number as well which can be found in the About dialog:

I am running Photo Mechanic version 5, build 13217 on Windows 7x64.

Also, whenever possible, post a JPEG screen shot that illustrates your issue.  Use the 'Attachments and Other options...' link when you're writing your post and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screen shot.  Both Mac OS X and Windows can take screen shots with just a few key presses.  Please do not upload TIFF, PSD, or PDF files as screen shots.  It forces us to download your screenshots just to look at them.

Thanks!

-Kirk
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:34:13 pm by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Read before posting an issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 01:34:43 pm »
bump.