Author Topic: PM Classic 'maximum height' issue  (Read 2237 times)

Offline owen-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM Classic 'maximum height' issue
« on: September 13, 2009, 05:06:29 AM »
Hi there,

I'm running Photo Mechanic 4.6.1 on Mac OSX 10.6, on an iMac 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM.

The issue I'm having relates to the maximum height feature of PM Classic. I just created an album with maximum width 900px and maximum height 650px, but the portrait orientation images are coming out well over that height - it looks more like 900px to my eye.

The odd thing is that all the other settings I'm using are identical to a PM Classic album I made last week that works just fine - except in that gallery I had 800px width and 650px height. Both albums created images from RAW files set to use the JPEG preview, all from the same camera with essentially identical settings throughout.

I'm going to create a couple more trial galleries with different settings to see if anything triggers it but does anyone have ani ideas themselves?

Cheers,
Owen

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Classic 'maximum height' issue
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 07:02:00 AM »
Owen,

I'm running Photo Mechanic 4.6.1 on Mac OSX 10.6, on an iMac 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM.

The issue I'm having relates to the maximum height feature of PM Classic. I just created an album with maximum width 900px and maximum height 650px, but the portrait orientation images are coming out well over that height - it looks more like 900px to my eye.

The odd thing is that all the other settings I'm using are identical to a PM Classic album I made last week that works just fine - except in that gallery I had 800px width and 650px height. Both albums created images from RAW files set to use the JPEG preview, all from the same camera with essentially identical settings throughout.

I'm going to create a couple more trial galleries with different settings to see if anything triggers it but does anyone have ani ideas themselves?

Is it possible that your browser is caching old data?  They do this sometimes.

-Kirk

Offline owen-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM Classic 'maximum height' issue
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 07:12:03 AM »
Wouldn't that only make sense if I'd previously made the same album using that height of images? In this case the last album I made used 650 height and I've never made a version of this particular set of images.

As it happens, I just tested a few different settings and all of them came out fine - even using the 'problem' settings. I'll let you know if the issue comes up again.