Author Topic: Parent folder variable  (Read 2480 times)

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Parent folder variable
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:55:45 PM »
Is there any way to copy images to the parent folder using variables?  I'd like to be able to use the "Copy to this folder:" field in the copy options dialog to copy the photos up one folder?

My workflow ingests photos to a folder called  ../Photos/jobname/raw.  I then copy the keepers into the parent jobname folder.  This way, once the edit is done I have the keepers at the higher level and the rest of the shoot in a subfolder.  However every time I move the selected shots out of the bottom folder I have to find the correct parent folder in the Copy dialog.

Mac 10.5.8, PM4.6.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Parent folder variable
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:51:01 PM »
Sam,

Is there any way to copy images to the parent folder using variables?  I'd like to be able to use the "Copy to this folder:" field in the copy options dialog to copy the photos up one folder?

My workflow ingests photos to a folder called  ../Photos/jobname/raw.  I then copy the keepers into the parent jobname folder.  This way, once the edit is done I have the keepers at the higher level and the rest of the shoot in a subfolder.  However every time I move the selected shots out of the bottom folder I have to find the correct parent folder in the Copy dialog.

Basically, no it's not possible.  If we were to add a {parentfolder} variable then that would work.  There isn't a {parentfolder} variable yet.

-Kirk

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Parent folder variable
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Thanks Kirk.  I wasn't sure if it was possible with some combination of the {path} or {folderpath} variables.

I've put in a feature request. :)