Author Topic: Ingest hangs on 10.6; XML unified theory needed; price whiners  (Read 3212 times)

Offline davv

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest hangs on 10.6; XML unified theory needed; price whiners
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »
MacBook Pro, 10.6, PM 4.5.3.1

A quick note: Since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, Ingest occasionally hangs requiring a force quit. Happens using a USB CF card reader. I'm upgrading to 4.6 today (now that business is back) but I thought I'd file this, if only because it's unusual when PM gives me any trouble whatsoever.

XML: I scanned this forum. Is there a definitive word on getting XML from PM to make happy with Lightroom and Bridge? I've pretty much got LR and Bridge in agreeance, but getting my initial star-ratings in PM to stick and show up elsewhere works sporadically. I've selected the 5-star item in Prefs -> General.

Price whiners: Please don't litter the internets with the most common whine there is. ("Everyone wants to get to heaven but no one wants to die.") PM isn't aimed at the shutterbug market. I've sent perhaps a million images through PM; I bet PM's superior speed has added a month of playtime. Paying 3/4 of one billable hour for an update is a no-brainer.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest hangs on 10.6; XML unified theory needed; price whiners
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:39:11 PM »
MacBook Pro, 10.6, PM 4.5.3.1

A quick note: Since I upgraded to Snow Leopard, Ingest occasionally hangs requiring a force quit. Happens using a USB CF card reader. I'm upgrading to 4.6 today (now that business is back) but I thought I'd file this, if only because it's unusual when PM gives me any trouble whatsoever.

4.6.1 isn't even fully compatible with Snow Leopard yet.  We're working on it and plan to have a beta version of 4.6.2 for testing available soon.

Quote from: davv
XML: I scanned this forum. Is there a definitive word on getting XML from PM to make happy with Lightroom and Bridge? I've pretty much got LR and Bridge in agreeance, but getting my initial star-ratings in PM to stick and show up elsewhere works sporadically. I've selected the 5-star item in Prefs -> General.

It should work better in 4.6.1 than in 4.5.x.

-Kirk