Author Topic: templates useage  (Read 3663 times)

Offline Willow

• View Profile
    • Anaspides Photography
templates useage
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:51:41 PM »
Hi Kirk

I need to do some proof sheets and I was attempting to import my own template for html generation.

In preferences, I select the folder I want to import, however I received "cannot parse" box.

Is there something I am doing wrong here?

I have created the html template in Breezebrowser Pro so I think it sholud work.   Thanks......Iain

MAC PRO. Snow Leapard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: templates useage
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
Iain,

I need to do some proof sheets and I was attempting to import my own template for html generation.

In preferences, I select the folder I want to import, however I received "cannot parse" box.

Is there something I am doing wrong here?

I have created the html template in Breezebrowser Pro so I think it should work.

I'd really have the HTML so I could try it out myself in order to find out what is wrong.  Do you want to send it to me?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline Willow

• View Profile
    • Anaspides Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:13:06 AM »
Hi KIrk

JUst sent through a PM to you as requested...Iain

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 06:48:02 AM »
Iain,

JUst sent through a PM to you as requested...Iain

I received your HTML files.  They don't at all conform to the way Photo Mechanic's HTML Template Exporter works.  Your sample probably works well in BreezeBrowser Pro since it was written for it.  But it won't work without modifications.  Variables are handled differently than BBPro handles them (@var@ vs. {var}).  Also the files for index and preview are named differently.

Please have a look at the manual available in the Announcements section of the forums.  It explains things pretty well.

-Kirk

Offline Willow

• View Profile
    • Anaspides Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:12:21 PM »
Hi Kirk

Thanks for taking a look at the files.

I wasn't sure if they would be compatible or not - obviously not.

Many thanks for your time.  I'll give it a go at creating a template for PM after I consult the manual a bit.  Best........Iain